He That Has Ears To Hear, Let Him Hear ( Matthew 11:15-30 )
Challenging both secular wisdom and religious doctrines. - Will our descendants know moral virtue?
Home - About - Faq's - Contact/Subscribe - Op-Ed's - Search - Donate -
Gospel of John Quiz
"The Word Became Flesh"
Back to Kingdom Index
John 1:1-14 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. All things came through Him, and there was not one thing that came into being without His participation. What had come in Him was life, and the life was the Light of mankind: and the Light shines in the darkness, nevertheless the darkness has not appropriated it (John 3:19). There was a man who was sent from God, his name was John: he came in witness so that he could testify concerning the Light, so that all would believe through him. He was not that Light, but he came so that he would bear witness concerning the Light. When He came into the world, He was the true Light, He gave light to all mankind. He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, but the world did not know Him. He came among His own people, but His own did not take3 Him. And so many as did take Him, He gave them authority to become children of God, to those who believed4 in His name, they are not from blood5 and not from the desire of flesh and not from the will of man but were begotten from God. And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we saw His glory, glory in the same manner as the only child of the Father, full of grace and truth.
Miracles! The Supernatural Miracle Signs in the Gospel of John - By Brian Simmons - A fisherman turned apostle has penned a book that will endure for all time. It is perhaps the best known of the four gospels, for it reveals the Father's love and Jesus's miracle power. Reading the gospel of John is like passing through the torn veil and coming into the Holy of Holies! Where would we be without the gospel of John. The New Testament would be somewhat limited without the fresh, vibrant message John brings to the world. The Gospel of John is all about this beautiful Christ. John tells us why he wrote this amazing book: "Jesus went on to do many more miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not even included in this book. But all that is written here is given to you so that you will fully believe that Jesus is the Anointed One, the Son of God, and through faith in him you will experience eternal life by the power of his name!" -- John 20:30-31 TPT ...
Read each question while reading through the Gospel of John, looking for an answer.
Once you have an answer, read the next question.
1. Why is Jesus referred to as "the Word of God?"
2. John the Baptist baptized in water. What is the baptism Jesus offers?
3. How many men did Jesus "know?"
4. How is eternal life obtained?
5. Did Jesus condemn the world?
6. What did Jesus mean when He said: "...for every one that does evil hates the light."
7. How does the Father want people to worship Him?
8. Can you honor the Father without honoring the Son?
9. Jesus said: "Whosoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood, has eternal life." What did He mean?
10. Why did the disciples stay with Jesus, when others left Him?
11. If you are not "of God," can you still understand the Word of God?
12. What does John 9:41 mean?
13. Who is the "thief" in John 10:10? Does God cause destruction, or kill?
14. What was Jesus' opinion of the Old Testament Scriptures?
15. How can you get to see the "glory" of God?
16. By what means will those that reject Jesus be judged in the last day?
17. If you "know" Jesus, who else do you "know?"
18. Who is the "comforter?"
19. Where does the Spirit of Truth dwell?
20. What is required to have Jesus and the Father come live with you?
21. Who will "teach" you the things of God?
22. Who brings to memory what Jesus has said?
23. Is there a difference between the "peace" the world gives, and the "peace" Jesus gives?
24. Jesus said: "I have many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now." Why can't you bear them? What is needed to understand?
25. How did Jesus define "Eternal Life?"
26. What name did Jesus declare concerning God?
27. "He breathed on them, and said unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost." Why? How?
Bonus question: In regards to Question 25 above and Matthew 7:23, what is the key word in both these verses?
Contact EarsToHear.net to compare answers, or with any questions or comments you may have.
If you enjoyed this quiz you may wish to challenge worldly wisdom and "religious doctrines" and the 17 Lessons of the Holy Spirit which encompasses all of the quiz, challenges, and more.
Click here to challenge worldly "wisdom."
Click here to challenge some "religious doctrines."
An EarsToHear.net book: Lessons of the Holy Spirit - A Guide for Entering the Kingdom of God and Discover Why it Pleased God to Hide His Kingdom from the Wise - Click here for Press Release and lesson content. Covering many of the concepts categorized below and can be used for both personal challenges and group discussions. If you enjoy the Quiz on the Gospel of John, you will enjoy this book of 17 lessons.
Home | About | Search | Newsletter | Contact