Guide to the Gospel of John
John 1:1-14 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were created through Him, and without Him nothing was created that was created. In Him was life, and the life was the light of mankind. The light shines in darkness, but the darkness has not overcome it.
...The true Light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was created through Him, yet the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own people did not receive Him. Yet to all who received Him, He gave the power to become sons of God, to those who believed in His name, who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, the glory as the only Son of the Father, full of grace and truth.
News, Commentary, & Action
Home About Contact Search News, Commentary, & Action Recommended Books
Miracles! The Supernatural Miracle Signs in the Gospel of John - By Brian Simmons - A fisherman turned apostle has penned a book that will endure for all time. It is perhaps the best known of the four gospels, for it reveals the Father's love and Jesus's miracle power. Reading the gospel of John is like passing through the torn veil and coming into the Holy of Holies! Where would we be without the gospel of John. The New Testament would be somewhat limited without the fresh, vibrant message John brings to the world. The Gospel of John is all about this beautiful Christ. John tells us why he wrote this amazing book: "Jesus went on to do many more miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not even included in this book. But all that is written here is given to you so that you will fully believe that Jesus is the Anointed One, the Son of God, and through faith in him you will experience eternal life by the power of his name!" -- John 20:30-31
Read each question while reading through the Gospel of John, looking for an answer.
Once you have an answer, read the next question.
1. Why is Jesus referred to as "the Word of God?"
2. John the Baptist baptized in water. What is the baptism Jesus offers?
3. How many men did Jesus "know?"
4. How is eternal life obtained?
5. Did Jesus condemn the world?
6. What did Jesus mean when He said: "...for every one that does evil hates the light."
7. How does the Father want people to worship Him?
8. Can you honor the Father without honoring the Son?
9. Jesus said: "Whosoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood, has eternal life." What did He mean?
10. Why did the disciples stay with Jesus, when others left Him?
11. If you are not "of God," can you still understand the Word of God?
12. What does John 9:41 mean?
13. Who is the "thief" in John 10:10? Does God cause destruction, or kill?
14. What was Jesus' opinion of the Old Testament Scriptures?
15. How can you get to see the "glory" of God?
16. By what means will those that reject Jesus be judged in the last day?
17. If you "know" Jesus, who else do you "know?"
18. Who is the "comforter?"
19. Where does the Spirit of Truth dwell?
20. What is required to have Jesus and the Father come live with you?
21. Who will "teach" you the things of God?
22. Who brings to memory what Jesus has said?
23. Is there a difference between the "peace" the world gives, and the "peace" Jesus gives?
24. Jesus said: "I have many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now." Why can't you bear them? What is needed to understand?
25. How did Jesus define "Eternal Life?"
26. What name did Jesus declare concerning God?
27. "He breathed on them, and said unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost." Why? How?
Bonus question: In regards to Question 25 above and Matthew 7:23, what is the key word in both these verses?
Contact EarsToHear.net to compare answers, or with any questions or comments you may have.
If you enjoyed this guide you may wish to consider "Lessons of the Holy Spirit A Guide for Entering the Kingdom of God and Discover Why it Pleased God to Hide His Kingdom from the Wise" - Click here for Press Release and lesson content which can be used for both personal challenges and group discussions.